- This event has passed.
Education Support Professionals (ESPs) Workshop/Dinner
November 15, 2017 @ 4:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Succeeding with Challenging Students for ESP – Dealing with difficult students represents ongoing challenges for the school staff. This workshop provides participants with specifics in dealing with students who are continually disruptive, persistently defiant, demanding of attention, or unmotivated. These are the students who defy authority and cause stress, frustration, and anger. Participants can apply what they learn at this workshop in their jobs.
2. Effective Written Communications for Office Professionals – Effective written communication takes time and skill since such a small portion of our communication is contained in the words themselves. In this workshop we will discuss the importance of writing style; memo and email writing tips; and the importance of careful proofreading and revision. We will also explore how to write clear, professional, effective email messages. Participants will learn how to write concise, descriptive subject lines and to state their purpose clearly at the beginning of each message. The smallest details do much to convey tone and courtesy. This workshop goes beyond other topics which include salutations, closings and the traditional rules of grammar.
3. Organizing for ESPs
- Engage members through targeted conversations
- Identify topics that are most important
- Build campaigns using relevant information
- Take Action on issues your members care about